I know I just posted a few minutes ago, but I just received this in my email.
Travel advice from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade:
- We advise you to exercise caution and monitor developments that might affect your safety in the United Kingdom because of the risk of terrorist attack.
- Pay close attention to your personal security and monitor the media for information about possible new safety or security threats.
- The United Kingdom lowered the threat level to ‘severe‘ on 14 August 2006. This means that an attack is highly likely and indicates a continuing high level of threat to the United Kingdom.
- UK authorities have also enhanced airport security following a reported foiled terrorist plot.
- On 7 July 2005, four bomb attacks occurred on the transport system of central London. Security measures remain at heightened levels and British authorities have warned that further attacks cannot be ruled out.
So far I’m still going, but I’m getting out of London within the week.