Hello folks. My voice has returned and I have had harsh words with it, although – despite my harsh authority – it is still threatening to give me the silent treatment.
So, what to do, what to do? In order to avoid the ongoing pain I still experience through vocalisation, I devised a cunning plan which not only allows, but fosters communication en masse, and yet does not rely on the vibratory reflexes of certain bodily organs.
I speak of the blogging mechanism all humans possess in their subconscious. Luckily I know how to tap into my sub-blogging mind, and it is from here that I speak to you. Through the keyboard.
Such is the birth of this latest blog post. Now let’s get on with it.
Not too long ago I was inspired by reading this blog to start making my own flowers to applique onto various things.
I really liked this bag that she decorated using crochet flowers:
Isn’t it awesome?
I thought I’d try my hand it creating my own flower to put onto something or other, and I even had a good stab at writing it down 😉
Next to a British 5 pence – slightly smaller than an Aussie 5 cent
It doens’t matter how big or small you make these, this one was made with fine doiley cotton and a 1.75mm hook.
I used the magic adjustable ring method to start mine off.
Rd 1: work 12 tr into the magic ring, pull tight and join with sl st.
Rd 2: ch 3 (acts as 1st tr), tr in next st, ch 3. (2 tr, 3 ch) all the way around to start of round. Join with sl st. You should have 10 tr with 6 ch 3 sp. And it should look like a wagon wheel.;)
Rd 3: dc into next 2 sts. Now you should be at the start of the ch 3 space. In that space work *(1 half tr, 2 tr, 1 double tr, 3 ch, 1 double tr, 2 tr, 1 half tr)*. Dc around to next ch space and repeat *-*.
Rd 4: (optional) dc right around edge in contrasting colour, work (2d2, 2ch, 2 dc) into each ch space at top of petal. (Not shown)
Roberto’s your grandparents’ son.
I have found some other flowers created by other people that I like too. I made some for the bag I have in mind (but have yet to make/purchase), and added my own little bits of
crap flair. Here they is:
Flower pattern found here – I think it’s in the archive section still being transported from her old blog. If you really want the pattern just email me. Fluffy layer and pearls added later.
The front flower on the left pic and the pink flower are the same pattern, though in different sized yarn. You can find the pattern for these here.
I added picots to the outer leaf points to make them a bit pointier.
The pink flower isn’t going on MY bag, nosiree. MY bag is going to be a blue and brown themed bag of sheer bagness. The pink is for…other things.
Lastly but not leastly, I tried my hand at beady things involving chains and pliers. I didn’t think I’d be very interested or very good at making things this way, but I think tonight’s effort wasn’t a bad one, for a first try. None-the-less, beady-pliering in all liklihood is going to stay a blue-moon activity for me.
Not the greatest portrayal, but it’s pinned into my ball of Moda Vera ‘Parade’. It also features a handsome array of faux pearls and those funny bits of chain that are keeping it all together.
There ya go Ally: a post of all the stuff I’ve been making during my days of lethargy and confinment. The only thing I forgot was to take a photo of all the stuff Mum and I bought from Spotlight today. Believe me when I say it was a lot of stuff. But we needed it.